Returns & Refunds
Returns & Refunds
- We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us.
- We have created this policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
- This policy applies to all of our customers, irrespective of their geographical location.
- This policy applies to all orders submitted through our website.
- This document does not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer (such as rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- Returns procedure
- In order to take advantage of your rights under this policy, you must contact us to inform us of your intention by email, or phone, 01326 554133 , and then send the product to us with a covering note.
- Products returned under this policy must be sent to us at Cornish Saddlery, Unit 9 Water-ma-Trout, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0LW
- We hold the right, if necessary, to return products to the manufacturer for their assessments/comments. Please allow 30 days for an exchange or refund in these circumstances. This is in addition to your statutory rights.
- We are unable to handle and inspect returned items unless they are clean and dry due to Health and Safety regulations. This is in particular reference to horse clothing and footwear. This clause is in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods (with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty. However, you will need to notify us if you wish to cancel your contract.
- You cannot cancel your contract if you have removed any sealed packaging on a product or purchased goods that are non-returnable. Non-returnable items will be stated on their respective product pages. Confirmed Non-returnable items include: Personalised or Special Order items, Riding Hats and Underwear.
- If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then (unless, under clause 5.5, for which you do not have a right to cancel) you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we will be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you. On receipt of the goods and after inspection we will credit you the amount you paid for the goods.
- On the return of International orders for goods purchased outside of the EU a refund will be given on the goods purchased only and NOT the shipping cost.
- When refunding the cost of delivery only the basic cost of delivery will be refunded. This means that any enhanced delivery options chosen by the customer, e.g. Next Day Delivery, will not be refunded. This is inline with current regulations.
- Goods returned must be returned in the condition they were received in. This includes all packaging which must be intact and complete, ready for resale. Items must be returned with protective packaging and tape, labels or glue must not be applied directly to product packaging as this will result to damage that effects resell. We hold the right to deduct the costs of these damages from the amount to be re-credited to you.
- Non-faulty items must be returned OR we must be notified of their despatch for return within 14 days of their arrival to the customer. If we are notified within the first 14 days the customer has another 14 days for the product to arrive back to us. If we receive an item after these periods we hold the right to withhold a refund and the customer would be responsible for paying postage costs for the item to be returned to them.
- Sale items are non-refunable, but can be exchanged on return of the goods in the condition they were recieved. Items must be returned OR we must be notified of their despatch for return within 14 days of their arrival to the customer. If we are notified within the first 14 days the customer has another 14 days for the product to arrive back to us. If we receive an item after these periods we hold the right to withhold a refund and the customer would be responsible for paying postage costs for the item to be returned to them.
*PLEASE NOTE: For safety reasons ALL riding hats are non returnable.